Kids At Max offers professional consultation and professional development for kindergarten, primary and secondary school staff.
Our team are highly skilled in understanding children’s behaviour from an emotional, cognitive, social, communication, sensory and motor perspective. We can work with principals, student welfare coordinators, curriculum coordinators, senior management staff or individual teachers to provide professional advice for your school community. Our team frequently consult with school staff regarding individuals clients that we work with and are always looking to provide the best quality advice to better progress our clients goals.
Kids At Max can provide consultation for curriculum planning, how best to meet the needs of students with special needs and can assist with the preparation of Individual Learning Plan’s (ILP’s) for students. A psychologist, speech pathologist or occupational therapist can also attend staff meetings or planning days. After an initial on-site visit, phone consultations are also available if required.
What Can A Psychologist Offer?
Our Melbourne psychologist team can provide consultation and professional development on the following areas:
- Autism spectrum disorder (understanding ASD, teaching strategies and behaviour support, ASD in girls)
- Anxiety in children and teenagers
- Behaviour management
- Cognitive ability - (intellectual disability, giftedness)
- Processing Speed & Working Memory
- Supporting children to manage their emotions
What Can A Speech Pathologist Offer?
Our Melbourne speech pathology team can provide consultation and professional development on the following areas:
- Language development - how to promote language at kindergarten/school for children with language issues
- Receptive language - how to support understanding
- Autism spectrum disorder and language
- Social communication
What Can An Occupational Therapist Offer?
Our Melbourne occupational therapy team can provide consultation and professional development on the following areas:
- Sensory strategies for the classroom
- Emotional regulation
If you would like information about how Kids At Max can support your school, please contact us on 03 9702 4447